Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Facilities Engineering - Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techne

Mechanical
Jun 27, 2005
Since this seems to be the closest forum regarding the profession of facilities engineering, I thought I would start my posting here.

I have the opportunity to be a candidate for a position as a facilities engineer. I have heard the title thrown around before and loosely I've taken the responsibilities to include dealing with machinery, layout, and process problems within a plant. Is this accurate?

I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology from RIT. I have held diverse roles since my graduation involving process engineering, manufacturing engineering and am curious if this is a role that I could fit into. Given the brief description of the job, I think it could be a great opportunity to build a broad knowledge of the inner workings of plant machinery as well as their process.

Are these reasonable assumptions? Thanks for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think 'facilities' is sort of complementary to 'process' engineering. I.e., it deals more with the building itself than with what's in the building. It could still be fun.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back