Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to initialize visual basic for apps 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

matteo95

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2015
IT
Hello everybody!!

I can't solve this problem: starting solidworks 2015 student edition x64, when it tries to initialize VBA engine, appears a message saying "Failed to initialize visual basic for apps, equations and macros will not work. Are you low on disc space?" and I'm not able to solve it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times solidworks, visual studios, microsoft office... but it continue to give me the same error. I have an HP Pavillon, 700gb free hard disk, 12gb RAM (so I'm not low on disc space!!), x64 bit operating system. I don't know if these information are useless or not, do not hesitate asking me other information if you need them.

Hope to recive a feedback as soon as possible, I NEED solidworks to work.

Thanks to everyone will help me, good evening

Matteo

failed to initialize visual basic for apps
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you have an antivirus program running while installing, try uninstalling? Are you running a compatible version of office? I would make sure to install office before Solidworks.

I've installed solidworks switching off the antivirus (F-secure). I've installed office 2013 before, which is compatible with solidworks 2015 (the solidworks'site say that). I also tried to uninstall and reinstalling both (before office and then solidworks) but nothing was changed.
Any ideas why?

Sounds like its a .NET frameworks issue. If you have the latest release of .NET, then you might need to remove it and reinstall that. However before you just go out and do it research the process as I know it can be a PITA.

Also, I would ask your professor to contact their support if you have it. Your attachment didn't work either so I cannot see your message.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

I decided to restore the computer as new to windows 8. Then I've reinstalled in order windows 10, office 2015 and solidworks and now it functions!!
Thank you all for the support you gave me, have a nice day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back