Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Family of Assemblies Occurences/BOM changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EClark

Mechanical
Oct 4, 2005
US
I am working on drawings which are each made from an assembly in a family of assemblies. I am interested in changing the occurence properties of some of the parts in these assemblies. When I try to do this, however, I am not able to select any of the boxes - they are light gray, and I can't click on them. I also would like to change the item numbers of some of the parts in these assemblies, however, since they are non-graphic parts, they don't get an item bubble (that I could change/swap their numbers). Is there another way that I can do this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

In your asm, go to the tab 'alternate assemblies' and check 'apply edits to all members'. Try changing the occurence properties again. Also, coordinates will be grayed out if the part doesn't have a relationship 'ground'.

To change the item numbers, you can reorganise in the pathfinder (edgebar) while in the asm by dragging and dropping the parts in the order you want. You might need to recreate the view and parts list.

HTH,

Fred

Hi,

@fredericmenage is correct just to clearfy it a little bit:

Any part that is not the first part in an assembly will have
the coordinates in occurrence properties grayed out unless
this part is grounded.

The occurrence properties of a part can only be changed whithin
the context of an assembly that is the assembly must be the top
level assembly which can be achieved by 'edit in place'.

In case an item is part of a member of a family of assemblies
the occurrence properties can't be changed unless the option
'apply changes to all members' is checkmarked. Edit in place
is not possible for an individual member it must be opened.

Rearranging of parts in an assembly by drag & drop is not available
on older versions (below V16 ?)

dy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back