Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Family Table and repeat region

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuzamilEETC

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2010
JP
Hi,

Shall any one help me how to control the decimal places in the family table. By default its having 14 decimal places I want to control for 2 decimal places.

This is because, in drawing table, created by Repeat region is showing 3 decimal places I have to control for 2 decimal places.

Thanks and regards
Muzamil

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the value for the family table, enter [.2} after the dimension expression. The value in the square brackets controls the number of decimal places to display.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thanks, Actully I entered as you suggest but the expression is showing error. For example
D1?= ALCK_D1*25.4 [.2]
Here D1 is the value which is displaying in the family table. May I know whether I am giving the control in the right place?

Thanks and regards
Muzamil

Yes, I agree with this but it will distrube all other files and other users. I need this decimal adjustment in only one file. I used Itos function also but its completly round off the number. I need 2 decimal places to display in partfamily table.

Is it possible to control for the user defined parameter in a partfamily to 2 decimal places !!!!!!?

Thanks and regards
Muzamil

Yes, your right I got the control on the display in the drawing by using
&fam.inst.param.value[.2]
This controls the display to 2 decimal places.

Thanks for all your support.

Thanks and regards
Muzamil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back