Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Family table of assembly parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tgatica

Mechanical
Jul 22, 2000
US
Is there a way to create a family table that will select different versions of components? My example is an assembly file of a bearing. The two components are the inner and outer rings. Each ring is defined as a family table component. How would I set up the assembly file family table so I can select a certain size bearing and have it pull the correct size inner and outer rings?

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it is a manual method:

Once the generic assembly is made, pick the component instance and use TOOLS/REPLACE USING FAMILY TABLE.

If it is an automated process;

Use ProProgram to select the correct sized instances. You will need to select or create a series of parameters that can be used to relate the assembly with the correct component instances.

Steve

ill try this
lets say u have xxx.asm
parts & qqq.prt
qqq are the generics
with www3 qqq1, qqq2, qqq3

in the assembly assemble generic parts then in family table start xxx2.asm xxx3.asm select components both generic parts
then under the column in the family table editor you may type in www1 qqq1 just as you would type in a number to change a dimension

Thanks 3dlogix!

I used your manual method in conjunction with the "edit with Excel" feature to quickly set up my assemly-level part family.

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back