Fanuc 6T Alarm Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgy

Mechanical
Aug 31, 2003
AU
Hi
I am trying to find some one who has the alarm codes for a Fanuc 6T contoller fitted to a Mazack SL30
Best Regards to all

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi cncprogrammer
No specific alarms I have only had the machine about a year and every now and than an alarm will come up and I have no reference for it. Usually I get alarms when loading code from the PC to the machine. Sometimes I only get abit of the program and an alarm comes up also.
Best Regards burgy

Burgy,

Looked around the shop a little today, you'd think with 82 CNC's there'd be a 6T manual somewhere, no luck yet.

As for alarms during data transfer: 6T's do not take command readables. Usually the control will just dump the command readable and give you a blank line. You can format a leader with a "/" before and after the text, you can not use the letter "O" in the naming convention, ie: :0001/FIRST 0P/ substitue zeros instead. You may find a few other illegal characters.

File transfers that quite during mid-download are usually caused by one of two things, bad codes or full memory. Alarms received even though full D/L occurs are generally caused by the end of file character missing, normally a "%".

Just some tidbits, I'll keep looking for a book. Do you realize you can buy old manuals from FANUC? ($75 to $150).

hi cncprogrammer
I will try fanuc for a manual. I have been leaving out the O in the program number ie :eek:oo1 for instance that useually works but haven't subtituited the a zero for the O. i also down load everything from memory this sometimes fixes it.
Thanks best regards Burgy

You can call 800 323 0972. Talk to Mike at ext 133 and tell him what your lookin for. He will fax the alarm codes to you. If you have any real problems I may be of some help.

tbarnett@bowers-mfg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back