Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fanuc resonator 2.5kW 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis120

Mechanical
Feb 17, 2011
FR
I would like to get some informations about maintenance on Fanuc resonator 2.5kW and especially for the turbo, tube and PSU (power supply unit).
Is someone knows how long time theses parts are garanties by Fanuc ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Turbo blower need to be changed around 12k hours,
tubes also.. but not expesially needed, when they have dielectric breakdown the power supply gets an error.
power supply only changed when broken.

It is better to change all fans and turbo blower after 12k hours.

I dont know where you are located but i provide service on fanuc and allmost all other laser resonators.

The blower change interval depends on the turbo blower model. If the blower is the old C011 type, then Fanuc recommends to replace it at 12000 hours, although it can usually be pushed to 18000 hours if the oil change is done on time.
If the blower model is the new C019 type, then the replacement interval is 24000 hours. If the resonator was manufacturer in 2010 or later, it most likely has the new style blower (24000 hours). With the new blower, the oil change interval is also increased to 4000 hours (compared to 1000 hours with old style).

Discharge tubes are cleaned at 18000 hours. Although Fanuc recommends replacing them at 36000 hours, you can usually push them further by cleaning them every 18000 hours.
There is no maintenance required on the power supplies. But the matching box fans should be replaced every 18000 hours to avoid potential damage to matching box or power supplies.

I can't argue with Foostrap. A few things, from my experience, matchin box fans go a very long time on lasers less than 4kw. I have problems with them so infrequently that I cannot even recommend a replacement interval. But I agree fully with the fan statement on the 4kw. There are four fans on that machine and probably 2 on the 2.5. They are about $100 each.

Big fan of discharge tube cleaning. I think for the 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3kw machines 36,000 hours is way over kill. Maybe at 50k hours but that depends on their condition. I may be wrong, but I think the 2.5 has 4 discharge tubes. Each one cost$1200 USD.

To answer your second question. All new lasers have a one year warranty. Tubes are either 30 or 90 days. I think its the same for the power supplies.

Foostrap is right Fanuc's new power supplies are quite bullet proof. In 10 years of working on E type laser, I can only think of one failure. Not common at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back