Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAR/EASA 25 Compliance Matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanker33

Aerospace
Feb 7, 2018
AU
Hi All,

I am working as an aircraft Design Engineer and have been tasked with generating a new compliance matrix for our design org.

Having only the original clunky matrix to use as an example, I was wondering if others know of any resources (FAR, EASA etc.) that provide an example as to how the compliance matrix may be laid out.

At this point in time my search has yielded little to no results, and I am interested to see how others may have approached this problem.

Our current matrix is embedded in an excel spreadsheet, with our aircraft certified to FAR 25 or EASA 25.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

a compliance matrix is a pretty basic report ...
(surprised there isn't an AC for it).

required data ...
1) requirement/standard
2) amendment
3) the title of the standard (optional, but really nice to have)
4) the means of compliance (from the cert plan)
5) documents (where the finding is stated, can be the compliance report if statements of findings are included)
6) signature of person making the finding (could also include the person's organisation, to give visibility to findings made by the regulatory agency).

Of course the document needs rev and date control. The compliance report often includes a description of the change.

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back