Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faro Laser Scan Arm Calibration Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdubs55

Mechanical
Aug 6, 2007
US
My company recently purchased one of Faro's Laser Scan Arms. Unfortunately, I have had no luck getting it to calibrate. One of my collegues has gotten it calibrated on a few occasions, but that was after many tries and we can't figure out how the successful iteration was any different than the previous. We are using Faro's plate method and the only help Faro has offered is to mount the plate on a heavy stone to reduce vibration. Still no luck.

There was a pevious thread regarding this issue, but has since closed (thread87-131332). Though the users on that thread eventually had success, there was no explanation of the methods that proved successful. Therefore, if somebody from that post (Accessory Guy or ReverseDog) or anybody else with experience could lend a hand, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Greg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My company has been using the FARO arm, Platinum, for months now and only one person knew how to work it. That quality tech was let go last week.
Does anyone know of a FARO operator looking for work? We've got a third party to program it, all they need to do is operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back