Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fastener Assembly Configuration for Standard parts (Non part family)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelvarajC

Nov 27, 2014
IN
Hi All,
Is there any possibility to configure the standard parts(These parts are not created through part family) into fastener assembly.
Is there any other approach to assemble the standard parts quickly.

We are using NX 9.

Thanks,
Selvaraj Chellamuthu
NX Automation Engineer
NX 9 | Teamcenter 10

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It should be possible to define fastener assemblies using non family members. But i doubt that you can change the sizes if they not family members. ( i have not tried so i really do not know.)
There is a document about fastener assemblies :

In the Siemens Download - NX- full products - Machinery library - Fastener_Assemblies_Best_Practices_v1.docx

Regards,
Tomas

I tried to use and not able to Configure the non family members. Fastener_Assemblies_Best_Practices_v1.docx is not covered anything about non family members.

If the family members are the critical issue, how about you create say three temporary families to use when you try understand how the fastener assemblies works ?
OR, use the Machine library components, they are already done according to the requirements.
Then, when you have got the grips on how Fastener Assemblies does work, then try FS on non-family members.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back