Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Fastener Drawing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billybaru

Mechanical
Oct 23, 2001
US
Does anyone know of a low cost, easy to use drawing software for fasteners? Looking to make simple drawings for screws, nuts, bolts, studs, etc. I am hoping there is software out there that already has the fasteners with the various head styles, etc that is simple to use.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Billybaru,

Qcad is free software.
What are you going to do with the fastener drawings once you have them? This will affect your choice of CAD software.

Critter.gif
JHG

Thank you drawoh!!
I checked the Qcad and only a trial for 15 minutes is free. They do have some fasteners in their library, but not many and most are metric.

As for use, we would basically just be printing (and scanning)them and providing them to a customer and/or supplier when needed. Nothing fancy, just basic dimensions with a few tolerances to show.

I don't know of any fastener-specific drawings programs. Give a look at they make a lot of drawings of their fasteners available. This might get you started.

Free or inexpensive stuff... though you sometimes get what you pay for.

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of these Forums?

You can buy an old version of TurboCad for less than $100 - even new in box. Will read practically any Auto Cad drawing and many others. Takes about 30 minutes to learn how to use!!!!! Go for an ODD numbered version - just seem to work better than the Even numbered versions!! Never quite understood that??

Kenat -

I agree - but still new in box with cellophane wrapping?? Hard to believe that was illegal or stolen - BUT stranger things have happened when it comes to computers and/or software. BUYER BEWARE!!

Get the free demo of TurboCAD.
When it expires, they will call.
Sales resistance will bring the asking price down, a lot.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back