Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fastener... HELP!!! Press Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strut101

Automotive
Oct 13, 2005
US
Hello,

I am in need of a fastener information and companies - I am a design engineer looking for a -

"Prees bolt" - Manufacture and catalog
"Clinch Bolt" - Manufacture and catalog
"Knurled Bolt" - "wheel stud" Manufacture and catalog

about 3/8 or 10mm in dia 1 to 2 inches in length.

Basically a good quality "wheel stud". I do not need certified hardware as we are a race car engineering service. The hardware must be off the shelf stuff you know like AN hardware. I have tried the internet and even calling Rosan - Rexnornd - But the companies are to big and hard to get a hold of a person that knows what I am talking about.

Thanks in Advance

AZ

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey

You posted to an Aircraft thread, was that what you had intended? There is a group "Welding, Bonding & Fastener engineering" that might be more appropriate but there are others.

I put Rosan Rexnord into Google and several ditributors showed up, depending on who you talk to there, some of those guys are almost as knowledgable as the manufactures.

But, to answer your question why not look at some guys like globalspec.com and there is a fastener manufacture fastenal.com and then the old stand by mcmaster.com.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back