Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fastener selection/identification data tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjdraper

Aerospace
Nov 15, 2002
GB
I am trying to locate data tables, references that I could use to select fasteners used primarily within the aerospace industry. I have access to ansi, ms, nas specifications, but what I am really looking for are tables etc that give "GENERALISED" selection requirements and pictorial identification.

Any help would be appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am in the aerospace fastener industry, and I know your problem ! There is so much duplication and overlapping standards that choice is not easy. There is a good fastener design manual (not specifically aerospace) on For pictorial representations the best thing is to consult the different manufacturer sites (bristol-ind.com camcar.textron.com fairchildfasteners.com etc.)

good luck, yates

Dear Yates
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question, however I am having problems with the link, I have tried the tcnj home page (this it's self is a good page) but I can't seem to find the manual - Thanks again

Dear All,

Sorry if I am interrupting, but maybe somebody can explain what is the advantage of Hi-lite over Hi-lok ? I have visited Hi-shear site already, but not so much of an explaination that I can get from there. What I am looking for is actually why can we install Hi-lite with higher interference compared to Hi-lok and how much. I was asking this question in another forum but maybe here is the more relevant one.

Regards,

Fatstress,

You've got the right forum, but this post falls within another thread on a slightly different topic. To post your question, make sure you are posting a new topic on the page that lists the current threads in the aircraft engineering forum. Go ahead and post the question there, where it will attract more attention.

To answer your question, I will take a peek in an aircraft mechanic's handbook, where I've seen these two compared and their relative merits discussed. I'll get back to you tomorrow, in your new thread.

Steven Fahey, CET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back