Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Favorite Command/Shortcut 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodwig80

Mechanical
Jul 29, 2004
US
Everyone has a favorite shortcut. what's yours?

if you have several go ahead and list them. also if you created your own hotkeys u can list them also as someone else may benefit from it.

My favorites:

-Layout Scrolling: Ctrl + Page Up/down
-Clean workplace: Ctrl + 0
-Match Properties: Ctrl + M

I had to add the shortcuts to .pgp, they weren't there.

TT = _TXT2MTXT = Convert single line text (yucky!) to Mtext. Use it constantly.

LD = LWDisplay = Makes lineweight appear as they will plot. By default, it is OFF, I always turn it ON.

Remember: The Chinese ideogram for “crisis” is comprised of the characters for “danger” and “opportunity.”
-Steve

LWdisplay in paper space. works good, lets you see what your plot style will look like before you print. neat.

tr - trim
ex - extend
z e - zoom extents
Ctrl+Shift+c - copy with basepoint
l - line
pl - polyline
pe - edit polyline

not exactly in that order

And the good oldie middle mouse button-wheel combo for panning and zooming

Regards
h79

Ctrl+P = Print
Shift+P = select previous
Right-click mouse = repeat last command or enter

Thanks
SC

refedit
refclose

id - identifies properties of a chosen point
pe - polyline edit
bh - boundary hatch

Put this in your accaddoc.lsp file

(defun C:J (/ FR)
(setq FR (getvar "FILLETRAD"))
(setvar "FILLETRAD" 0)
(prompt "Select two lines to join: ")
(command "FILLET" pause pause)
(setvar "FILLETRAD" FR)
(princ)
)

^and... what does that do? :]

Hoyas79 has us all beat - NOTHING is better than "the good oldie middle mouse button-wheel combo for panning and zooming"

Although Double-click automatic text editting is very cool.

And who can forget that, since R2000, the ability to select a VP and pick a scale out of a pull-down window? No more drawing lines in Model 1.000 feet long, switching to PS and Zooming

Remember: The Chinese ideogram for “crisis” is comprised of the characters for “danger” and “opportunity.”
-Steve

lha (Civil/Environme) 22 Jul 05 9:54
I had to add the shortcuts to .pgp, they weren't there.

TT = _TXT2MTXT = Convert single line text (yucky!) to Mtext. Use it constantly.

LD = LWDisplay = Makes lineweight appear as they will plot. By default, it is OFF, I always turn it ON.

Lha:

Can you please enlighten us on how to go about doing something like adding shortcuts to the PGP file?

i have two i would like to shortcut as they currently only can be used hitting the GUI buttons and im ready to shortcut them: Revcloud and PSLTSCALE, also 'stretch multiple entities' from the Express Menu.

a tutorial would be cool. :D

Bloodwig80 said:
Can you please enlighten us on how to go about doing something like adding shortcuts to the PGP file?

i have two i would like to shortcut as they currently only can be used hitting the GUI buttons and im ready to shortcut them: Revcloud and PSLTSCALE, also 'stretch multiple entities' from the Express Menu.

You do not have to modify any file manually because you have the Express menu. Just enter "aliasedit" at the command line to modify the command aliases.

Flores

thanks flores it worked great!

al "Align" This command allows you to move, rotate, and scale any object regardless of the present UCS. You just pick source and destination points.

This may not be a shortcut you type in, but whenever you have an entity, or entities, highlighted (blue grips), instead of hitting the escape button to deselect them, just pick one of the higlighted items and hold it down for 2 seconds, and they are all deselected.

Flores

To turn all layers off except the current layer.
(DEFUN C:LO nil (COMMAND "LAYER" "OFF" "*" ""))

Then conversely this will turn all but frozen on
(DEFUN C:OL nil (COMMAND "LAYER" "ON" "*" ""))

Tracking (shortcut tk) however, has become my current favorite.

Thanks to another thread, I wish to change my favorite...

When you go to select all the lines to trim, hit F for Fence. Select a crossing across all the lines to Trim or Extend, instead of picking each object separately. The fence command will work whenever AutoCAD asks for objects, regardless of which command is active.

-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back