Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FE Exam - Should I Take It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stkyle

May 27, 2011
US
I should note that I don't intend to stay in my current state after graduation. And that I intend on going into Flight Test Engineering.

The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey, thought I should let you guys know: I took the exam and it was a horrible, horrible day. But to be fair most of the bad occurred after the exam. I did notice that there was a good deal of content in the Mechanical Engineering exam not covered in Aero courses. Mostly HVAC stuff.

But I passed, therefore, worth it :D

Also, engineering econ?!? I became an engineer to avoid stuff like that, come on!

Anyways, thanks for everyone's support.

The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Ooooh, you got your FE results back? That's exciting, I'm waiting for my PE results still. Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get them? I know for the PE they have to go to the board first (I'm in Michigan), but I can't remember how it was for the FE.

Also, congratulations! And to anyone considering the FE or PE in the future, if your state allows it, my recommendation is to bring Payday bars (protein & sugar) and some caffeinated soda (caffeine & sugar); I did this for the FE and PE, and it kept me alert and capable of critical thinking for the entire 8 hours. And avoid a large lunch during the break.

OK..you did it! Congrats on passing. The PE will be a piece of cake by comparison...assuming you get reasonable experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back