FEA ANALYSIS SOLDWORKS BIG VALUES IN DISPLACEMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saver2008

Mechanical
Oct 14, 2008
MX
Hi!

I´m performing some static analysis on SOLIDWORKS SIMULATION but I have the following problem:

1.- The item is a section of a vessel and is going to be only under internal pressure. The problem I have is that if I use ASTM A36 (material precharged in solidworks library) I have results that are credible, however, when I change the material with SA-516-GRADE 60 (I had to add a new material)the results are exagerated. There is a warning about big values in displacements and so on. I let the machine finish the analysis and the displacements are more than 300mm. This only happens with the material I added and not with A36 precharged in solidworks material.

I checked the values of SA-516-60 but I did not find anything wrong....what do you think about it?

Thanks
RS

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What are the properties of that material (especially Young’s modulus) and how much do they differ from the ones of the built-in material under consideration ? Are you sure thay they are correct (e.g. there’s no missing zero or incorrectly placed decimal separator) ? What are the boundary conditions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back