Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEA course notes 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeme

Civil/Environmental
May 30, 2005
IT
Dear members,

Do u know of free course notes (or related materials)
of FE or introduction to FE?

Please help. Luke

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you be a it more specific? Are you asking for college FEA course notes, software training course notes, FEA books (on line), free FEA software?

good57morning@netzero.com

dear feadude,

I am looking for college (undergrad or grad) FE course notes.

dear TSG4 and GBor
did not work for me, as no course on FE there. There is a similar course but the course notes are taken by handwriting-namelly, hard to read & understand.

Plz let me know if more addresses hit you..

Thanks bro.s

lukeme,

Not sure what country you are in, but the notes, even handwritten, are pretty clearly written. They seem to address theory. Are you looking for a more practical application? If so, look to some of the resources available from the software manufacturers.

Here are some free resources from Algor, Inc.

Here is a link to get an evaluation copy of NENastran:

You can get an evaluation copy of SolidWorks which comes with COSMOSExpress...COSMOS Express is VERY DANGEROUS in my opinion, but it reduces the FEA process to about 5 basic steps.

lukeme,
Try typing in "introduction to FEA" or "stiffness matrix" etc in google you should come up with hundreds of websites of course notes.

Ahad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back