Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEA Software for airspring 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

candychan

Structural
Jun 18, 2003
CN
Hello,everyone

I am analysing the static character of airspring with ANSYS and ABAQUS,the job is exhausting while the result is not satisfying.so I am looking for a more professional software to solve this problem more efficient and accurate.
I will very appreciate if anyone could give me some imformation for such kind of software.

Have a nice day.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

I saw your post in the ABAQUS forum.

I saw Firestone do a paper on ABAQUS and airsprings in the users' conference.

I believe the trick is to use a nice stable rubber model and hydrostatic fluid elements on the inside. You can allow air to escape the cavity depending on pressure using fluid link elements, and the air follows the ideal gas law for compressibility.

This is done on a pretty routine basis in ABAQUS.

I've also seen similar things done in ABAQUS. Certainly ABAQUS (and quite possibly ANSYS) can do this type of analysis. I wouldn't look for any other "more professional" software to do this, as these are two of the most highly-respected codes for this class of problem.

Brad

I found the following technical presentations that may be helpful:

Bushing Modeling in ADAMS using Test and ABAQUS Models.
Dean Tener; Bridgestone-Firestone, Chris Eichler; Bridgestone APM Company,Michael White; Altair Engineering

Load Determination in Small Urban Bus using a Combined Finite Element and Multibody System Approach
J. Pasquini, Debis Humaita

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew
"Luck is the residue of design."
Branch Rickey

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back