FEA software to metal stamping

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoFigueiredo

Industrial
May 22, 2013
PT
Hello,

I know that this thread is not located in the proper section. But I know that there is a few tooling designers in this forum.
I need to look for a metal stamping simulation software.
I already know Autoform (it's so expensive!!!), more than 10 years ago, I used hyperform, and I know that there is Dynaform.

According to your experience, which one have the best ratio between cost and benefits?

Be free to name another softwares.

Tiago Figueiredo
Tooling Engineer

Youtube channel:

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello TiagoFigueiredo,

Dynaform is better alternative to Autofoam. Not only in price comparison, but dynaform is able to simulate spring back, which i dont think Autoform can do (I am happy to be proven wrong though).

Presys is the successor to Dynaform, but i am not sure how well Presys is.

Tuw

Since I am not a Sales person, I dont know the exact price. But what I know is Dynaform is permanent license, while Autoform is yearly subscription. That is to say, you only need to pay once for Dynaform and you can use it for many years. Autoform needs to pay every year.

Also, do take note the solver for Dynaform is Ls-Dyna from LSTC, which is well known for its explicit capabilities.

Kind regards,
Tuw

There are a lot of sheetmetal stamping sim softwares now. to name a few that you don't have listed already. FTI Forming Suite, PamStamp, MSC SimuFact forming and FST(Forming Simulation Technology).

FST is headed up by one of the old Dynaform engineers (I think), I've never used it but I've heard good things.
I have no experience with Pamstamp or Simufact, but we did Demo FTI and Dynaform.

In the end, we went with Autoform. The yearly lease is costly but it's easy to use and most of our customers tend to send us Autoform files

Hii Friends
I am new to metal forming simulation software even though we develop many forming tools. We follow the conventional practice of making trial toolings before production tools to prove a job. This costs more time and money.
We are now seriously thinking about using a metal forming simulation software and are considering Autoform and Dynaform as per the priority list. Can anyone provide the study material (tutorial) for these softwares.

Regards,
Vijay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back