Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Feature-Color, No longer an option??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouke

Mechanical
Jan 13, 2004
NL
It maybe that my memory is placing tricks upon me but I have the following problem. A collegue of mine is trying to change the color of a feature in a simple part. And SW doesn't respond. He doesn't want to change color of all the faces one by one so it really is kinda annoying. I think this used to be possible. We both use SW2005 SP3.0

Are we the only one or can you reproduce the problem??

Kind regards,

Bouke Brouwers
P4 2,8 2Gb RAM, Quadro FX 500
SW2005 SP3.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's exactly what I am doing. But as I said, sw doesn;t respond, the feature stays the same color. Is this a SW-bug?

Bouke Brouwers
SW2005 SP3.0

also, try right-click the feature in the tree to change color. If still doesn't work, check tools/options/color and check all color settings.

Chris
Sr. Mechanical Designer, CAD
SolidWorks 05 SP2.0 / PDMWorks 05
ctopher's home site
FAQ371-376
FAQ559-1100
FAQ559-1091
FAQ559-716

I tried. I am able to change the colors of solid-bodies and faces. I cant find any option to turn off or on the feature colors.

Bouke Brouwers
SW2005 SP3.0

Open any assemblies that contain this part, select the part (multi-body, surfaces, features etc... one at a time if you have to). Then Edit color and see if the Remove Color button is enabled. If so, then click it. Repeat for each assemly that this part is a component in. Then do the same in the part file until you're satisfied that the color is now updating correctly within the part file.

As I said above, you may have to pick the multi-bodies, surfaces, features etc... one at a time and verify that there is no color assigned to it within that respective assembly or within the part.

In the future, do no assign color to parts from within an assembly file. And while in the part file, only apply a color to the entire part (not features, faces, etc...)

Ken

The part is clean. In fact, I made a new part for my tests so there surely wasn't a color on it. Next to that, it can be handy sometimes to change the color of a feature in a part. Like when you make pictures for reports or to stress a certain feature has changed or as a reminder to take a second look to the feature.

I never change color in assemblies, only in the part itself and in parts I only color solid-bodies. So I dont ever have trouble with "lost" colors.

But still my problem exist, maybe its a document property?

Bouke Brouwers
SW2005 SP3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back