Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature Definition Error in V510

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutch56

Automotive
Sep 23, 2003
US
I am completely stumped - I have a couple of models from an overseas supplier that I am trying to modify/fix. 1st off the models would not update properly - unfound edges, projections, etc (this was only found after trying to make a simple modification) Fixed all the issue's so models will update properly - BUT now when I pick the draft command icon the system immediately pops up a "FEATURE DEFINITION ERROR" saying "A FACE, AN EDGE, OR A VERTEX IS NO LONGER RECONIZED"

I went back to original model and it does the same thing?

I have ran the clean command in R10 and it didn't help

Any ideas on how to find out what may be causing this.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hutch -

I'd just delete the old draft and add a new one in it's place.

If you have the time to track it down; try replacing one input at a time until you can pinpoint the problem.

Does your supplier use the same release of CATIA as you? I read your post on the COE forum, and it's strange that you had all the errors down the tree.

...Jack

Jack,
Thanks for the response - I am trying to add additional draft features to the model, not replace existing ones.
Upon further investigation I have found that if I roll back in the history to a certain location I am them able to add draft. I have to be in a "sub-body" for the command to work? (If I have the main body active, it errors.
Who ever created these parts used an enourmous amount of sub-bodies and them either joined or trimmed the main body.

Supplier is the one who specified the version that was to be used for modifications (R10) is there anyway to determine which version of the software was actually use in model creation?

Thanks!

Greg

Greg...

I'm guess here, but it sounds like your part might be a converted V4 solid, or maybe from another system (UG?). (Or maybe the creator just likes to use V4 techniques?)

Maybe someone else knows how to determine the origins of the part.

Hutch
If you have a copy of the part before you modified and saved it ,rom File >Desk right click on the part name and select properties. On the tab it tells you the current version of the part.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back