Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Feature manager question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sripri

Automotive
Feb 16, 2007
US
Why do two feature managers appears at sometime? What is the purpose of two feature managers option ? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have found the split screen useful in some cases

1) When you split the feature manager, each section can display different information (ie, features, mates, configs, render, cosmos, or any add-ons).
So, for example, the top section can display all of the part features that you are working with, while the bottom section displays mates. Gives you the ability to view multiple information about the model at the same time.

2) You can view different sections of the complete feature manager at the same time. For example,(if you have a large assy or so), the top section can display a part at the top of the list, while the bottom section displays a part from the bottom of the full list. This can help you mate items, (ie. if you wanted to now select the 'Top' plane from each part to mate)

You can always get rid of the split screen by grabbing the line between the 2 screens and dragging it all of the way to the top or bottom.

-Lou

Oops. Sorry for asking the question again. My mistake. When I work in solidworks I keep my questions typed in a notepad file. I send the questions when I get into the internet. The internet computer is at a different location. I cut pasted the question again wrongly. Sorry about that and thanks for your understanding. Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back