Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

feature move 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillBailey

Automotive
Dec 12, 2012
US
I have a valve hole that I would like to change the position of. Looking at the model history, the main hole was created using tube, and I have various edge blends, along with a revolve. I have tried using Edit -> Feature -> Edit Position, but nothing is "valid" for selection. What is the correct tool for this task? I can't seem to find any move function that will work, can someone point me in the right direction. I have all my construction lines shown, I have to be close or missing some small step.

NX7.5.2.5

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What type of movement are you attempting? Vertical/horizontal move, rotate etc. Can you provide a picture of the model?

Sam Slivinski
Using NX 6
Manufacturing/Aerospace

Many way to accomplish a simple task in NX.

The Tube is more than likely created with a centerline. Using the Move command, you can rotate the centerline about whatever point you decide to use as the point of rotation. Dynamic Move would be my choice. Once that is done, the Tube will update to the new position as well as most of the child features. If the children do not update, you can use Edit with Rollback to define any new edges, etc.

Move might be a little different to use, but once you understand how to set up the dynamic WCS, it's a snap IMO.

Another option would be to define a 2nd centerline and then Edit with Rollback the Tube and deselect the old centerline and select the new one.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 7.5.4.4 MP8
WinXP Pro x64 SP2
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back