Feature Parameters Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbylls

Mechanical
Feb 11, 2011
US
NX 8.5
When using the Feature Parameters for a tapped hole callout, is there a way to place the arrow where you want it to be?
Or at least move it to where you want and still have it be parametric?
Thanks

Brad

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure what you mean. In this situation, the annotation is pointing toward a hole feature, which while it's represented as an arc/circle, in reality the location of the hole feature is, as far as the manufacturing process is concerned, nothing more than a POINT with a description of the what is to be produced there, in this case, a hole. Therefore the arrow is pointing TOWARD that 'point', or more accurately, the CENTER of the arc/circle. Now there appears to be no problem in moving the arrowhead around the perimeter of the circle based on where you place the actual notation, but it will always point toward the center of the arc. If this is NOT what you're looking for, why is that you feel that you need to be able to position the arrow in a different manner? That is pointing, as it were, toward something other than the arc/circle center?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Sorry John, I was actually referring to a cross section of the hole.
I guess from what you are saying it is pointing to that point at the open end of the hole.
In drafting it is sometimes better to point to the edge of the thread say half way down the hole for clarity.
You are correct when it is a plan view of the hole.
Still wondering if I can move it to where I would like it.

It appears not. It's always looking for the 'origin' of the hole, which is the 'point' at the center of the arc/circle even when seen in a section view through the the center-line of the hole. Also at issue is that the software is selecting the hole feature itself and not any sort of edge or curve that makes-up the display of the hole be it in a plan view, section or side view with hidden edges dashed.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back