Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEM-analysis using NX NASTRAN - Can't access results after solving .sim [NX 7.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastynotion

Mechanical
Jun 25, 2013
NO
Hello everyone,

So I am trying to perform a simple FEM analysis of a very simple disc using NX NASTRAN in the advanced simulation environment. I make a tetrahedal mesh, assign material, add a constrain for a fixed area and add a load. But when I solve the simulation, everything seems to be in order but there are no results I can access after I run the solver.

I have attached the files in question in a .zip archive including the .txt log of the operation. There are also some photos regarding what I mean.

EEEOIEi.png

It says completed, but obviously it didn't run everything it was supposed to.

8Fs9hi2.png

There should be some Result tab appearing here.

Thanks in advance, I hope that someone can help me with this.

Best Regards,

Lars

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes it does, thank you.

Apparently though that only applied to NX6, so I think it must be something else.

I read the .f06 file that the solve produced and this is what it says:

Code:
 *** USER FATAL MESSAGE 3060 (PREFACE)
     SUBROUTINE MODEL    - OPTION NAST NOT IN APPROVED LIST.
     SYSTEM DATE (MM/DD/YY): 08/06/13
     SYSTEM UGSID:    148798219 (DECIMAL) 08DE7B0B (HEXADECIMAL) SYSTEM MODEL NUMBER:          3 SYSTEM OS CODE:    -1
     SYSTEM UGSID:   1596055206 (DECIMAL) 5F21DEA6 (HEXADECIMAL) SYSTEM MODEL NUMBER:          4 SYSTEM OS CODE:    -1
     SYSTEM UGSID:            0 (DECIMAL)  (HEXADECIMAL) SYSTEM MODEL NUMBER:  SYSTEM OS CODE: 
     SYSTEM UGSID:  (DECIMAL)  (HEXADECIMAL) SYSTEM MODEL NUMBER:  SYSTEM OS CODE: 
     REFER TO THE NX NASTRAN LOG FILE FOR DETAILED INFORMATION
1                                        * * * END OF JOB * * *

*** USER WARNING MESSAGE 1152 (XCLNUP)
     SOME DBSETS IN THIS DATA BASE WERE NOT INITIALIZED COMPLETELY.
     USER INFORMATION: THE DATA BASE CREATED IN THIS RUN IS TOO IMMATURE TO BE RESTARTED.
     USER ACTION: DELETE THIS DATA BASE BEFORE STARTING YOUR NEXT RUN.

Dear Lars,
You have a problem with your license, if you read the *.LOG file you will see the following:

Code:
13:03:21  NX NASTRAN Authorization Information - System Attributes  
13:03:21  --------------------------------------------------------  
13:03:21  Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU  
13:03:21  Machine: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Steppi  13:03:21  OS: Windows  
13:03:21  Version:  
13:03:21  License File(s): C:\Program Files (x86)\UGS\NX 7.0\UGFLEXLM\nx7.lic    
13:03:21  NX NASTRAN Authorization Information - Node-Locked License Failed  
13:03:21  -------------------------------------------------------------------  
13:03:21  Could not check out license for module: NX Nastran Basic - NX Desktop (Bundle)  
13:03:21  The site does not have the appropriate license.

Check the validity of your license.
Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

Status
Not open for further replies.