Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fem codes and tools information

Status
Not open for further replies.

gisky

Jun 27, 2002
NL
Dear all,

I have to start a research about fem software and tools.

Does anybody know where I can find a good list, with technical information, of fem codes (especially for non linear analysis such as material and large displacement) and tools (pre and post processor and mesh utilities).

However, does anybody know of there is a good mid plane mesher that can mesh starting from solid model coming out, for example, from CATIA or PRO-E?

Thanks a lot

Gisky

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear gisky,

for more resources about the non-linear parameter like study, you can search all kinds of search engines.

And, my suggestion for Meshing, Hypermesh, Ansa, Medina are the powerful tool. Among this Hypermesh, is the tool which does tetra,hexa/penta,shell, all kinds of meshing..

Dear Kumaravel,

Thanks for your suggestions.
Actually, we are using for non-linear analysis MSC Marc that is, in my opinion, very powerful. By the way, it would be important to compare different software.
I know that is quite a hard work so that it would be easy to start with a research already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back