Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEMA D zone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

queque

Civil/Environmental
Dec 13, 2004
US
I am trying to have FEMA change the designation of an area classified as D to X. The 16 acre area is clearly not subject to flooding - (semi hill bordered by 2 roads that prevent upstream flows from entering the area.) I would prefer to engage FEMA directly and bypass the State Agencies. Any help is appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

MAP # 04013C0820H
FIRM PANEL 0809 OF 4350 FIRM ZONE D dated 7-19-01
I am not familiar with the FIRMette tool

Thnak you

That map was revised effective Sept 30, 2005. Looks like a major update to DFIRM standards. There are no Zone D on that map any longer.

Use the link I provided above to generate your online Firm panel. Once you have the FIRM map follow the instructions to create a FIRMette of the location you are looking at.

Note that this area has alluvial fan type flooding which is an extremely hazardous flooding condition.

Digital information for this map is readily available from FEMA. I can help point you towards who you would need to speak to in order to get this.

Please provide contact to get digital map. I have all the studies that were developed and submitted to FEMA to
establish the latest map designation.

queque-

If you go to to the FEMA map store online, or follow the link that Callin provided, you can indeed lookup your location and find that there is an updated map for your area. You are not using the current map. However, contrary to Callin's statement, there ARE Zone D areas on the map still. I do not know the precise location of your site.

Here is an example of a Firmette I created from the map you cited:

Sorry, I didn't see those Zone D areas. I looked too fast.

I am having trouble getting in contact with a friend over at FEMA Region 9. I will let you know when I do. By digital map, I meant the GIS data that was used to construct that DFIRM panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back