Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEMAP Buckling Analysis Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdps

Aerospace
Mar 26, 2020
US
I just recently started doing buckling analysis on FEMAP and have a few basic question:

- From research I have done, it seems that if my shell elements have offsets, I have to use CQUADR elements for buckling analysis. Is this true? Why is this the case? Why are CQUAD4 elements not viable?
- What role do parameters K6ROT and AUTOSPC play when it comes to buckling? My understanding is that the K6ROT value dictates the stiffness of the sixth degree of freedom. So then K6ROT should only be toggled if I am running buckling and not using CQUADR elements? AUTOSPC seems to deal with matrix singularities. So does it set degrees of freedom to zero with the stiffness matrix k? Should I toggle this on for all analysis and not just buckling?
- Lastly, I've done a fair bit of research online, but could someone point me to a reliable source of information on analysis setup for FEMAP?

Thank you in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back