Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

FEMAP display question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

luket

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2002
US
Here is a problem I've run into. Normally, when you constrain nodes in femap, the constraints are indicated visually with a cyan triangle and a 1, 2, and/or 3. However, on a model I am building, this is not happening. Instead, they display as a small green square, with no directional notation.

Similarly, usually the nodal forces display as green arrows, but on this model, they don't display at all.

This is a bit of a pain to not be able to see these details visually. I have checked the display settings, and they seem to be normal. Has anyone else run into this situation? Do you know a way out?

Thanks for the help,

Luke

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might check to make sure that you have not inadvertently modeled your constraints in a different group or layer than the ones you are currently displaying.

Also, check to make sure that the constraints are included in the current load set that you are displaying.

This applies to displaying nodal forces as well. The proper load set must be current to see the results.

Hope this helps,

Hombre

Thanks Hombre, unfortunately, I've already tried your suggestions.

Irwin--I am using femap 7.0.

Any more suggestions?

Hi luket

You have green triangles because you defined them as "Permanent constraints" during the FE node generation.

They are not stored in any Constraint Set, and they can be modified only using "Modify > Update Other > Permanent Constraint"

You must define them as "Constraint" to see the constrained dofs.

Regards
Francesco

Thanks Francesco. You had me excited there for a minute, but I checked the nodes with the constraints, and alas, they have no permanent constraints. One point of clarification--the constraints are coming up with a small, green rectangle.

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back