Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEMAP/NX.Nastran Strain Energy Issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruimoreira11

Mechanical
Nov 26, 2008
PT
I have a sandwich panel where the core is made of soft material and for some configurations, the strain energy output for the soft core is not provided (the software simply gives me a notification that data is not available).
It is quite strange that for the skins the strain energy data is always translated while for the core elements this data is simply void (not even a zero value is provided).

When I increase the core material modulus, then the strain energy is provided but even though, for some regions, where I would expect to have tiny values, the data is not provided.
I would expect, in these cases, to have at least a zero value.
And in fact, no data is provided since I tried to get that using query, without any values being output.
Any idea on this issue? Why the values for strain energy (despite being extremely low and therefore could be simply zero) are not provided for the entire range of elements and only those with some strain energy are provided? Any solution?

Thanks
Rui

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks. Is there any way to insert this case control using analysis set manager inside femap or it is really required to make the amendment onto the .dat file and run nastran outside of femap ?

You can paste the text into the Start or End Text dialog under the master requests and conditions. This way you wont have to manually edit the deck each time you go to analyze.
CaseControl_pnis1d.png

Just to close this thread:
- threst=0.0 did solve the issue (thanks nlgyro )
- the edition of case-control also solves the edition of dat file for analysis without the need for the external edition of dat file and external nastran solver call (thanks TG_eng ).
Meanwhile
I also manage to edit temporary the case control by using Model-> analysis : preview input -> edit preview (and make proper modifications in dat file) -> Analyse (directly from this window).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back