Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

feMeshBetween()

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooken

Mechanical
Jul 12, 2013
US
Hi,

So I've successfully used a series of commands to generate a native solid hexahedral mesh (nodes and elements) by first creating nodes and then using Mesh->Between(F11) to define connectivity and generate the elements. However then when trying to automate the process with as an API, I get stuck at the element generation. I have entered all the required inputs for the feMeshBetween() method and get no errors, but nothing happens, the code just executes and I am left with a bunch of nodes with no elements. I am then left to manually use the Mesh->Between user interface, where I can enter all the inputs in the dialog box and the elements get generated just fine.

I also found it strange that in the user interface dialog, if you choose elements only, the requirement to enter corner coordinates goes away (logically since you have already put the nodes there and are referencing their IDs), however the last argument for the method in the API is not listed as optional/dependent in the documentation. I have tried both options (generating only elements vs generating both nodes and elements) and neither works (for me) in the API.

Anyone else encounter this or is familiar with this method?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back