Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fence file command in a batch process

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtLuther

Geotechnical
Jan 14, 2011
SA
HI!!! I'm new in microstation and I need some help! I hundreds of dgn files in a folder and I need to apply "fence file" command on all of this dgn files. Can anyone tell how to fence file or functions as a fence file, all the these dgn files in a batch process? thanks a lot!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ArtLuther,
Here is a string of commands that you could run for batch process. Not exactly sure if this is what you will need but it is a start.

# Command file for batchprocess utility
fit view extended
selview 1
place fence view
selview 1
ff=c:\temp\FenceFileExport.dgn
selview 1
#

There is always the option to use Batch Converter under the Utilities pull down. You can convert a V8 file and keep it a V8 design. The batch converter has options for Reference files etc.

HTH,
Bob Mecham

Training | Consulting | Programming
Facebook: Twitter: Youtube:

I tried this command
#
fit view extended
selview 1
place fence view
selview 1
ff=F\:Mywork\fencefile
selview 1
#
and applied this to 40 sheets of dgn using batch process. What happen is that all fence file export save on the same dgn file name which is "fencefile.dgn". But the "fencefile" in "ff=F\:Mywork\fencefile" is just another folder. Why is it not saving the same dgn file name accordingly? Is there a way or do I miss something in my command?

Sorry ArtLuther I have been out of the office.

I guess using the keyin you need to give it a new name each time.

Have you ever used Batch Converter? There are options to merge reference files etc that will give you the same result as the fence file command. It will also allow you to copy the files with new names to a different directory.

HTH,
Bob Mecham

Training | Consulting | Programming
Facebook: Twitter: Youtube:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back