Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Fero- resonance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvin

Electrical
Nov 11, 1999
NZ
Is there any resouce available to assist with better understanding of this phenomonon or ways of overcomming the problem. The problem exists with single phase switching, fusing of three phase transformers connected to relatively long lengths of underground cable. I understand the resonance is a function of the cable capacitance and the impedance of the transformer. Probably the best way of overcomming the problem is by installing isolating links adjacent to the transformer but of course this increases the cost.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try ANSI/IEEE C57.105-1978 or later.&nbsp;&nbsp;Section 7, page 22 has a good discussion of Ferroresonance.&nbsp;&nbsp;Best of all, Section 9.2, page 32 has a bibliography with 27 references on Ferroresonance.&nbsp;&nbsp;Item [8], &quot;Abnormal Voltage Conditions Produced by Open conductors on 3-Phase Circuits Using Shunt Capacitors&quot; is excellent.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is from the December 1953 AIEE Transactions.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a copy I can fax you if you can't find a copy.&nbsp;&nbsp;Just e-mail your fax number to <A HREF="mailto:gibbsdr@cepb.com">gibbsdr@cepb.com</A> if you want it faxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back