FG200-Forge Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-RK

Mechanical
Mar 3, 2023
IN
Dear experts

I would like to know is there any new technology to do FG200 Material in Forged way. I do understand this is a Grey Iron casting grade.However, the carbon content is less than 4% and these days forged cast process is getting developed, I am trying to gather new knowledge about this. Any equivalent material advises are also will help. Appreciate some good sights.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ASTM A73 - Specification for Wrought Iron Rolled or Forged Blooms and Forgings ???
Sorry... Old Spec... out-of-print.

Regards, Wil Taylor
o Trust - But Verify!
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation, Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", HBA forum]
o Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand everything." -Anton Chekhov

Dear Sir, like to understand, are you saying that ASTM A73 is equivalent forge option for FG200 cast iron grade? Appreciate your time to respond for this

The lack of response, is probably due to a lack of familiarity with forging parts of any predominantly 'iron' material.

Suggest You contact the 'Association for Iron and Steel Technology'... They might be the most knowledgeable.

Believe-it-or-not, most high performance fighter aircraft use forged-iron parts in a very specialized application.

Regards, Wil Taylor
o Trust - But Verify!
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation, Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", HBA forum]
o Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand everything." -Anton Chekhov

Dear Sir, Thank you. I did create an account in AIST, unfortunately not seeing any forum like this.

Regards
Rajesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back