Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Fiber Reinforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa001

Specifier/Regulator
Apr 6, 2002
FR
I want to replace traditional steel mesh reinforcement with steel fibres for concrete slab work. Is there any software available, or hardcopy guides available that will tell me the kg/m3 required to replace a particular type of mesh or reinforcement. I'd like to get something a little more independent than the fiber suppliers own anaylsis.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might start by checking out the thread in the Concrete Engineering Forum. Posted by IJR (Structural)- originally on Feb. 19, 2001, entitled, "How much reinf. in slabs on grade". This is an excellent discussion, and includes some excellent words of experience by Ron and JAE, among others, about the very important question you are asking. Check it out.

This website contains already the nucleus of a wonderful resource for us - I feel very lucky to have found it - and to be able to benefit from this vast pool of serious experience and knowledge. wow. Sustainable, Solar, Environmental, and Structural Engineering: Appropriate technologies for a planet in stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back