Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

crizzo

Mechanical
Nov 28, 2003
US
Howdy,

Hopefully a simple question here:
When I create a drawing (from a part), why don't my file properties import into the drawing?

My drawing template titleblock has linked text to the file's material, quantity, name, etc. I currently have to re-enter all the data from the .sldprt file properties into the .slddrw properties. What gives? How can I make it import WITH the part?

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Make sure your text fields are refrencing the properties from a part or assembly file and not the one found in the drawing file. In the link to dialog box you are given a few choices as to which source to pull the information from.

Check if your linked text in title block says $PRPSHEET and not $PRP.
It’s a bit confusing, but $PRPSHEET actually refers to the part / assembly inserted into the drawing, when $PRP – the document you are currently working with, which is your drawing…
And how do you link it with quantity? Are you talking about a number of parts being used in a certain assembly? And you can link that with the part drawing? If yes I would like to know how…

Thanks JahnEng, that was the ticket! Changing my text to $sprpsheet worked.
As far as linking it to "quantity", I just have added a defined field in my file properties...nothing fancy. I use it when I send a part/drawing to a vendor, refering to how many parts I need from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back