File wont save

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2805

Structural
Dec 21, 2008
HR
Hi!
I have a problem with my project that Ive written in Mathcad.
Yesterday I saved the file and turned off MC and my Computer off.
Today I opened the file in Mathcad, but now every time I try to save the file it crashes.
I tried copying the whole content of the file to another worksheet and then saving, but same thing.
What couses this, how to fix it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi!

I have had the same issue with MathCad crashing when trying to save files. After a lot of reading i found out that the MathCad Autosave folder from time to time fills up with to many files. I therefore once every week delete the content of the folder and now i do not have this issue anymore.

I use Win7 / MathCad 15 and the folder position should be under C:\User\"UserName"\AppData\Roaming\Mathsoft\MathCad\14/Autosave.

I delete the content in that folder. Since the position of the folder is in "Hidden foldes" it is a bit annoying to locate the folder because you have to activate "Show hidden foldes" under Folder Options. i have therefore made a batch file located on my desktop. I run this *.bat file once every week and now i do not have any issues saving files anymore. It has now been working for about 6 months time and i have not experienced any other issues what so ever by deleting the folder.

Best Regards

Interestingly, my Autosave folder is empty. Perhaps there is some way to make Mathcad empty it automatically?

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Hi

my first question would be: Is the Autosave option ticked under Tools -> Preferences -> Save? If not, then i would also not expect MathCad to use the folder :).
I have mine set for Autosave every 30 min, and this fills up the Autosave folder with "bad" files from time to time. This is why i delete the folder as well from time to time.
T get back to your question i have not been able to find any settings within MathCad that will clear the folder. Would be very nice thou if MathCad was self-monitoring in this way.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back