Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filename stamp on print ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMichaels

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2002
US
Is there a way to place a filename stamp on a print ? (Something similar to the way Autocad places a stamp at printing time ) This would be useful on prints that do not yet have a format and our custom note.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Add an anotation where you want the stamp.
Leave it blank.
Right click on the blank annotation.
In the properties tab to the left, click on the "link to property" icon (picture shows a hand with a white piece of paper or something behind a yellow set of chain links).
If you want the file name of the actual drawing file, leave the top button clicked, for "From document".
If you want the file name of the model you are referencing, click "From model in view" or "From modle specified in sheet properties", depending on your need.
Choose "SW-File name" from the drop down list.
Click "OK". You're done. Charley Leonard
CSWP

Another way is to set the header or footer to show the timestamp and filename whenever you print the drawing file.

Crashj'<date> <time> <filename>' Johnson

Yes, that is more like it. This will be much more consistent than the note and variable technique. Too bad it doesn't allow for full path names. Now I need to figure out how to set this for everyone. I'll first try the standard templates. Or, maybe I'll be able to find it in the registry and change everyone's registry.
Thanks, Don.

In my opinion is better to have a note defined in the sheet format. I have a small note (1.5 mm high) along the vertical left hand side border of the format defined as:

$PRP:&quot;SW-Folder Name&quot;$PRP:&quot;SW-File Name&quot; printed on $PRP:&quot;SW-Long Date&quot;

and everybody is quite happy with it.

The header and footer, do they keep the settings from one drawing to another, or from one print to another?

Andrew

Netshop21;
Thanks for tip. Yes, we are doing this as well. It works great for drawings, but for part and assembly models, the variable driven note, although it works, it is inconsistant (for example, where did it go...?) . I have added the info to our footers on the asmdot and prtdot files. This is very consistent, although the file path is not an available variable yet. People like to print part and assembly models to (...admire their work ?) show the engineers their concepts.
Thanks, Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back