Fill surface - continuity issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

orlandoa11

Mechanical
Nov 10, 2023
US
Good morning/afternoon all,

I am having some difficulty with fill surface and bridged curves. I have two parts which i am trying to stitch together. I have created bridged curves with G2 or G3 continuity between the parts (i have tried both G2 and G3 for good measure), and am then using Fill Surface to create surface patches between the parts, which i would then combine/sew into a single part.

My problem is that fill surface will not allow for continuity greater than G0 along the bridged curves. The existing curves from the trimmed parts allow G2 just fine, but not the bridges. Ultimately this leads to non-tangent surfaces, and inability to thicken.

Screenshot_2024-07-01_085557_q9yfs0.png

In the image you can see the sections i am trying to fill. each section is bounded by 2 existing curves allowing G2, and 2 curves created with the Bridge command, which do not allow greater than G0. Please note that i have already attempted to right click and change the continuity - it does not allow.

Any input into this issue would be greatly appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try selecting the edge of the existing surface instead of the bridge curve itself. You can't make a surface tangent along the length of a curve because there is nothing to be tangent to. However, if you select the edge, it can reference the underlying surface and create a tangent constraint to the existing surface.

www.nxjournaling.com

Hi cowski,

Thanks for your reply. It was a total "duh" moment for me - of course we cannot define tangency if there is nothing to be tangent to!

OK, so my problem then is that i do not have original surfaces to work from in the area where the bridge curves are. I will try to think of a clever workaround, but am more than happy to have input in the meantime.
EDIT: workaround was simple, just fill one surface at a time and use it to drive tangency to adjacent surface(s)

Solved - Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back