Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

find local axes in STAAD for truss member release 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaeng

Civil/Environmental
Apr 22, 2008
US

Greetings to everyone,

I have been working with STAAD.Pro ( pipe rack design) and trying to find the local axes for individual members in order to release moments.

Where do i find that. Also its a pipe rack 30ft ht. that i am working on.Can you explain what members do i have to release and what direcion.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In STAAD Pro 2006 Help, see Technical Reference, 1.5.2 Local Coordinate System.

Hi,

I created 2 seperate .std files that I now want to merge.The 2nd file has structure that would fall in space between the seperate structures in file 1.

I am trying to find if i can merge these files based on co-ordinates/distances from origin so that everything merges perfectly.

Also i need to make sure any numbering/ renumbering works smoothly.

Copy/paste option takes in just the geometry.

Any help would be appretiated!!!

1. Use the GUI to renunber the nodes in the 2nd file starting with a node number above the highest one of the 1st file.

2. Renumber the members of the 2nd file in the same way as above and save the file.

3. Use any text editor such as "Notepad", "Wordpad" or "Word" to copy and paste the items from one of the .std files to the other one.

4. Save or "Save As" the combined file. Start STAAD and open the new file.

Thanks for the reply..also in the 2nd file how do i renumber the nodes above the highest of ist file. would that be doing individual node?...couldnt find an option where i can start deciding the node numbers....

thanks

1.you can use the node cursor and select all of the nodes or use the Select pull-down menu.
2. Then find Renumber / Nodes in the pull-down menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back