Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find over positioning instances on assembly design 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparck

Automotive
Sep 15, 2003
US
Hello everyone,
Is there anyway to find or to show over positioning instances in assembly (i.e. indicate if there are more than one instance of same part in the same position and orientation)? I have a huge assembly to check and this situation annoys me.

Best regards,

Richard.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

a script could go through the product structure and list all instance with their position relative to GPS, you can give a color to an instance if it is a duplicate position, or put the instance in a group, in noshow...

you could find many example of recursive script going through a structure, also retriving relative position to an instance is easy. Search in the forum...
You just have to convert that to GPS check faq560-1824
To check duplicate, you could use some info from faq560-1377.
and do the action that you want to identify duplicate, check the forum, they were some request like that not long ago.

search for all pieces, put them together and voila.

If you need help with scripting, put your code together here and please tell us where you got it, it might help us to help you.

Cheers

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

If you're not into scripting (like me), a quick way to find duplicate/overlapping parts in an assembly is to use the CLASH anaylsis tool. Run the analysis BETWEEN ALL COMPONENTS, and then filter the results to CLASH only - look down the list for the same part in both columns.

Not as eleqant as a script, but a quick way to get find the duplicate parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back