Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find....Zoom To command 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

electromott

Electrical
Mar 8, 2002
GB
Does the Zoom To command work in Autocad LT2000? Using the Edit>Find command I can locate the text string I'm looking for, but when I hit the Zoom To button I get a blank screen.

All the layers are on/unfrozen so I don't understand what's going on.

Any offers?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have acad2000 with lt extender. I do not know
of a "zoom to" command. Zoom is a command and then
the dialogue screen should give you many options.

Thanks Exxit

Still doesn't work. When I go Zoom To I just get blank screen. If I try to zoom using the mouse wheel the screen is still blank when zoomed in as far as possible or zoomed out as far as possible.

Exxit

If I close the Find and Replace window and zoom with the mouse wheel the zoomed in/out as far as possible is displayed, but nothing on the screen. If I double click the mouse wheel it zooms to extents, which isn't a great deal of help on a building 400m long.

The AutoCAD solution doesn't appear to have any effect either. So I'm still stuck.

This may help, in the past we had some who would set the invisibility property on some object to true. Of course it is bad if you just leave it as true but plan on doing nothing with it (it just takes up space). Anyway, you can have invisible objects that AutoCAD can zoom to. With ACAD LT, the following method may catch the object and get rid of it so you do not zoom to it. This may not be your case but see if it pertains..

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back