Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding Tangent curves/edges

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrasannaNX

Automotive
Aug 5, 2014
IN
Hi,

Say, I have a curve/edge object to my selection.
How do i get tangent curves/edges of the selected object?

I have already searched the forum, but couldn't find any relevant posts.
Please guide to achieve the above.

Thanks,
Prasanna

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you could make a join containing that curve. Right-click then in the items-window and choose propagate by tangent option...

regards,
LWolf

@Little Cthulhu,
I want to find tangent edges of selected edge from a part body.

@LWolf,
Thanks for the suggestion. Can it be done without creating any additional feature?

- Prasanna M

I guess you are coming from Creo :)
what is it you want to select those edges for? in CATIA, most commands have the option "tangent propagation", so you will be able to get that anyways...

regards,
LWolf

@rickyt,
Thanks for the suggestion, will try and let you know.

@LWolf,
Yes, your guess is partially correct, I am from NX.
I have various tube files with center curves and all were in smart team with read only access.
The center curves are separate curves and not joined, and there are other construction curves also.
I can convince user to select a part of center curve to extract the curves tangent or connected to the center curve.

I need to find length of the curves and write it in excel.

Thanks,
Prasanna M

well, then write a script that starts with the user selection and makes a join, propagates that join in tangent, temporarily creates the join feature, measures it's length, writes it over to excel and then deletes the join...

regards,
LWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back