Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firefox/internet explorer blocking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

swale74

Mechanical
Jun 16, 2011
CA
Does anyone else have issues with internet explorer or firefox blocking the help items in NX?

NX 6.0.5.3 in Windows 7
Mechanical designer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, from my local hard drive the NX docs gives me a lot of trouble particularly when choosing "Help-> On Context". To solve this issue I bookmarked the NX help location in Firefox and manually find the help document that i need. The following may work for you

file:///C:/Program%20Files/UGS/NX%206/UGDOC/html_files/mainlibrary.html

On a side note I reference the Teamcenter Docs from a server location and it behaves better for me.

For Firefox, in the browser URL address bar
1. Type in about:config press enter and then select 'I'll be careful. I promise!'
2. In the Filter field, type security.fileuri
3. To change the value of the security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy preference to false, select the entry. The value will toggle to 'false'

For Internet Explorer
1. Tools -> Compatibility View Settings, tick 'Display all websites in Compatibility View'.
2. Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced, scroll down to Security (near bottom) and tick 'Allow active content to run in files on My Computer'

Also make sure that you have Java (32bit and 64bit) installed.

Anthony Galante
Technical Resource Coordinator

NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.6, NX6.0.5, NX7.0.1, NX7.5.0-> NX7.5.5 & NX8.0.0 -> NX8.0.2, NX8.5p15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back