Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

first angle an third angle projection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tontonS

Industrial
Jul 14, 2005
BE
hello,

i was wandering now that i am working on my config.pro skills,

i am pretty tired of changing the option third angle to first angle (seen i'm belgian)

now putting this option in my config.pro doesnt seem to help i tried config mentor from 3d logix he gives me : "projection_type first_angle" but the config checker from plaf cortens site gives back an error , unknown feature...
so according to his site i guess it should be "19_PROJ_ANGLE" an hidden option.

this doesn't work either, so my question is: is it because i open the default template (this should be the case)? or is there an other option to activate? if it is the template where can i find those?

thank in advance

tonton sam
lovin to config but every start is hard
ps: is there some published work somebody could recommend me? a book or some sort of pdf :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would think creating a template would be the way to go.

You can create a template drawing and place the template views.
Template views will fail only if the views overlap each other when the drawing is created. If you are trying to replicate views on drawings that aren't created yet, this is the way to go.
Create or open your template drawing. It can't have a model associated to it when you are done.

In drawing mode;Select Applications > Template to enter template mode. Now place your views.

If you need more help, Search the Knowledge Database for drawing templates. There are lots of how-to documents

Projection_type is not a config.pro setting. It is a *.dtl setting, as it only works with your drawings, not the model.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

The config_mentor is a wondeful program, great that you are using it.Everyone should have it on their quick launch.

This is a personal preferences kind of thing, if you are making a lot of changes in your config.pro file. I found this out the hard way :).. but set the attributes of your config.pro file as read only.. which will not allow it to be written to... ProE sometimes writes the same mapkey in twice.. gets ugly. Granted you can just save the one mapkey.. but if you mistakenly save all.... oops :)

You can't make edits when you open it up... it defaults to last file read... the way around it is..on showing.. pick that and choose current session.. now you can change anything.. and save all.. to a new file name.. copy and paste if it works the way you want.

In your master copy of config.pro sort it out by function
and use remarks... precede lines with a !.. using notepad to edit and having configpro_mentor.. it makes live a lot easier down the road... again personal preferences :)

We run to config.pro files. One in the <loadpoint>\text folder, which is the main one with system mapkeys. The second one is in the user's startup folder with one line. When they use Tools-Options, they get their local config.pro, which they can do whatever they want to do with it.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

hehe,

i was doing that already, i like it nice an neat so when i give it to somebody else the can see everything easely,

let me paste it here, sorry if it's too long, :) and if there are remarks, please go ahead, i just started so it's kinda small at this time
hmm no i'm gonna upload it :
greetz

tonton sam

Very nicely laid out :) ... that's what I like to see makes it so much easier to get an idea what's going on

tho;

beheer toestanden

makes me think of the last roadside soberity test I had :)

hehe, i like to keep it simple :)

i hope you made them worth while when they stopped you ;)

i always tend to make jokes, and after 10 min they pretty much let me go :) (when i'm sober of corse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back