Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Fit all and ISO modelling views

Status
Not open for further replies.

loworange88

Mechanical
Apr 30, 2009
US
Good Morning. Recently I have had an issue with UGNX 1899. Prior to this issue, when I hit CTRL F, the modelling view would fit the model to the field of view, no matter if it was a small part, or a large assembly. The same would happen with the HOME and END keys, I would get a zoomed to fit Tri-Iso, or Iso view respectfully. Lately however, CTRL F works as it should, but HOME and END give me the ISO views, but not at full zoom. Its almost like the model flys off into space. I tried to change the bounding box size in customer defaults, but no luck. This is also happening with another colleague. We would like to get back to the fully "zoomed to fit" ISO views.

Our system is managed by our parent facility in Germany, so I am not sure if they quietly pushed an update that caused this to change or if we inadvertently changed something on our end.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: SOLVED. Right mouse click in model space down to Orient View. Custom Views was somehow set to have a scale. Changed the toggle back to FIT.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have dealt with this too. I was given a temporary fix but it needs to be reset each day.

If you right click in the modeling view and go to orient view and then click on Custom Views, you will see a pop up window with your available views. At the bottom, there is a toggle for view scale. You need to switch it to "FIT". Then when you hit END, it will orient it and fit it.

Unfortunately, this only seems to stick for the one session of NX. Next time we load NX, its not like that anymore and we have to reset it. I havent paid attention to if it resets per file as well or not. Over time, I have just grown use to hitting end and then fit. If you use a spaceball, I make one of the buttons a FIT, so FIT is even easier than the hotkeys.

I have not found any way to set this in customer defaults yet.

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Cowski,
Thank you, I found it probably the same time you replied.[smile]

Kenja824,
After I changed the setting, I promptly saved my user role. Today after opening a fresh session of UG, its still set to FIT.

I think this issue is an "dialog memory issue"
NX saves the setting of the dialogs when running , and these settings will be the default in the next NX session.
most cases this is the desired but in some cases it's not. This one is a "not".

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back