Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

fitting to metal deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Sammy X-Press 35 (XP 35) is UL listed to support steel pipe up to 4" Nominal Pipe Size. I did not look very hard, but it did not appear that the hangers you linked to are UL listed (looks like they are FM approved, however). If you are outside the US the rules may be different, but you should make sure that the hangers you want to use are acceptable to your local AHJ.

Also, it looks like you're driving two fasteners per hanger with the system you showed, vs one per location with the XP 35... of course you have to drill pilot holes with the Sammy, so that might be a even trade.

How many hangers are you putting up? Is this new construction or retrofit? The tool for installing the X-Press is a little expensive if you're only putting a couple of hangers up, but if you're doing a building it might be the ticket. Our field guys really like how easy they are to put in.

Thank you for your answers.

In design I suggest DN40 fitting to trapezoid sheet using Sikla roof hanger (link in the first post). But person, who opinion this project says that according NFPA13 it is imposible to hang pipe >DN25 to trapezoid sheets showing point 9.2.1.4.1 "Branch line hangers attached to metal deck shal be permited only for the support of pipe 1 inch or smaller in size..."

Because I'm from Poland I don't know what is precisely in USA "metal deck". Is trapezoid sheet roof a metal deck? Can i hang DN40 to trapezoid sheets?

Thank you for your help

PS. Sorry for my English ;)

trapezoid sheets and metal deck would be interchangeable.

you can only hang 1" pipe unless you have a hanger that is specifically listed for that use and the Sammy Xpress hanger is listed for this.

Dumb question, but what are the structural members that support the trapezoid sheeting?

I have just ordered my first shipment of these very interesting Sammy Express. But I'm a bit chocked by the price! I have to pay 2.8 USD apiece. I'm from europe (Denmark) though and maybe they are more expensive by that reason. So it could be very interesting to hear what the cost is in US? Anyone please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back