Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

five sided flag???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatnact

Mechanical
Nov 17, 2006
US
I am working on match marks for a DWG. and was wondering if there was any way to take the five sided flag in the balloon comand and make it hidden or broken?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try creating a layer that uses a hidden or broken linetype. Assign the 5 sided flag balloon to that layer that you created and see if it gets you what you want.

Pete

I am using SW'07. I still need the flag visable but a different line type to show far side leg and near side leg. I tried inserting flag on a hidden layer and no change in the flag. I tried making a block but am getting fustrating results.

Try creating a layer with the line teype you are after. One of the properties of a layer is its linetype. The linetype can be solid, dashed, centerline, etc...

Pete

gatnact,

Just tried what I was suggesting and it looks like the color of the balloon will change to the layer specified, but the linetype will not be obeyed. The linetype icon is also greyed out, indicating this option is not available. You could make a block of several sketch entites to achieve what you want. maybe a kludge though.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back