Flange Hydrotest pressure (EN1092-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingmi

Mechanical
Jun 12, 2007
IN
Hello,

I referred to EN 1092-1-2007 standard for hydrostatic test pressures & test duration of PN designated flanges. However I could not find any such reference in that standard.

If I recall correctly, old versions of applicable DIN standards for steel flanges used to mention minimum test presure equal to 1.5 x maximum working pressure of flange at 20°C as per P/T rating.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance
(This thread is also copied in CEN / ECN Code issues forum)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

B31.3 provides hydrotesting pressures and calculations. Min test pressure is 1.5 *design pressure * Km (Km is a temperature correction factor for the weakest part of the system, which will be your flange in most cases)

So if DT is 800 F DP is 800 PSI, go to your flange material in b31.3 stress tables at 800F, Km=(S at room temp)/(S at 800F)

Plug into your formula, check that the hoop stress does not exceed your materials yield stress (HoopStress=PD/2T)

Done.

Thanks Jmoore1 for your reply. I need to have a basis / reference from EN standard to justify the hydro test pressures & test duration of a PN rated flanged fitting or valve. Very often such references are required to convince the local inspection authorities.

Would you please help me with this?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back