Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flat Pattern with configurations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisnewzealand

Mechanical
Apr 1, 2009
AU
This may have been answered before but searching flat pattern and configuration yields no relevant results.

I have a part file which is a frame, the frame is split into two bodies and there are 20 different sizes (A,B,C, D etc.)

I want a drawing which has 20 different flat patterns, (A,B,C, D etc.) for one half of the frame.

I'm not having much luck with this, if somebody could give me any hints how to do it quickly it would be most appreciated

I'm using SW2011.

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think a design table with your configurations is the way to go. Create 1 flat pattern view & Dim. it "A', "B", etc.then use the design table linked to these dimensions. Hide and create columns/rows to give a table which would have headings Dim "A" etc in the design table of your part then insert that into the drawing.

DriveWorksXpress. Check it out. Quick easy way to get unique files and drawings of each of your configurations. It's the design table of the future.

Cole M
CSWP, CSWST, CSWI, CPDM
Certified DriveWorks AE

No luck here either, I thought I would check it out too. Went through the tutorial, finished and the run button is greyed out...go figure. Closed it reopened and still greyed out.

If the button is greyed out I suspect a missed step or possibly a registry issue, I would recommend contacting your SolidWorks VAR they should be able to assist in resolving the issue.

Cole M
CSWP, CSWST, CSWI, CPDM
Certified DriveWorks AE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back